San Antonio is a beautiful city, but it also has its fair share of less-than-perfect places. Whether you’re looking for the best place to take an afternoon stroll or the perfect spot to indulge your sweet tooth, we’ve got you covered!
Here are 10 worst recreational destinations in San Antonio
1. Water Slides at Splashtown are a great place for kids to spend an afternoon. The slides offer some good thrills and both the single-passenger and multi-rider options will keep anyone entertained. However, visitors should be aware that these water slides do not close until dark on weekdays or Sundays. If you’re looking for something more relaxing than speeding down one of this park’s endless series of flume rides, then it may be best to start your day off elsewhere–especially if you want to avoid being in line with screaming children who have been swimming all day long!
2. An hour outside San Antonio is Texas’s premier amusement park: Six Flags Fiesta Texas. This destination includes over 100 acres of land and plenty of exciting rides. However, visitors should be aware that the park is often crowded and parking can take up to 30 minutes or more. If you’re looking for a day of peaceful fun with few crowds then this place probably isn’t for you!
3. San Antonio’s best places to visit are at its most scenic locations: Durango Hills portions of the city such as Lakewood Park, which offers plenty of hiking trails, picnic areas, and beautiful scenery all year round. Visitors will fall in love with these hidden gems located outside San Antonio but still close enough so they don’t have to go far from home on weekends when traffic may be tough.
4. If you want some good exercise without too much sweat then head over to Balcones Canyonland Preserve. This is a great place to go for some easy hiking with plenty of spots to stop and take in the scenery along the way. Visitors will enjoy this serene setting isolated from all the city’s busyness but still close enough so they don’t have to go far on weekends when traffic may be tough.
5. Water Slides are fun for kids–until it gets dark! Splashtown closes their water slides too early without warning visitors that these rides could last until late at night.
6. Video games are awesome–until you can’t see the screen! Hobbes & Landry Game Center is a dimly lit arcade that only offers old-school video game consoles and even older CRT televisions to play them on. Open up some windows or invest in LED screens if they’re not willing to make this upgrade.
7. Basketball is great–until you can’t breathe! Alamo City Hoops in west San Antonio boasts about their “indoor-outdoor” court, but when the A/C breaks down it’s not really indoor or outdoor anymore.
8. Volleyball games are fun–unless your toes get stepped on! The courts at Camp Bullis Military Base have no netting to keep players from flying out of bounds and landing under someone else’s feet. It might be a good idea for them to add this safety feature before people start getting hurt.
9. Rock climbing is fun–until you slip! The City of San Antonio Parks and Recreation Department maintains six outdoor rock-climbing walls with surfaces that are either too slick or too rough. Improve the grip on these holds before someone hurts themselves.
10. The Alamo isn’t just for tourists anymore! Though it might be labeled a historic landmark now, many locals are unaware that the Alamo also doubles as a recreational destination. The City has agreed to lower admission fees for locals, but this is just one measure they need to take before it will be accessible and enjoyable for all who live in San Antonio.
When you’re looking to get some fresh air and exercise, it’s important that your destination is a healthy place. After all, the outdoors can be an amazing way to relieve stress. But even if you don’t have time for anything else but running or walking around the block today, at least make sure your route doesn’t include these 10 worst recreational spots in San Antonio! Don’t forget about staying hydrated on hot days too – keep water with you when exercising outside so you’ll stay refreshed and energized longer. Remember that being active will help reduce symptoms of depression as well!
About Us – Mom to Mom San Antonio
We are a group of moms dedicated to finding the absolute BEST things to do in and around San Antonio, Texas! We are super excited to see you on our site and really hope you absolutely LOVE the information you find. If you have any tips please don’t hesitate to reach out and let us know. We are always finding new places to entertain our kids, ourselves and our families!
We know you have more questions and with Mary Jane’s CBD Dispensary’s help we are able to provide the best information on this topic. MJCBD is the cbd oil online Texas. Mary Jane’s CBD Dispensary is a home to America’s favorite and most talked about natural remedy, cannabinol. Mary Jane’s offers customers with top-notch quality made CBD Hemp products as an alternative to harmful pharmaceutical drugs. Their team is extremely passionate about the cannabis movement as a whole which includes making CBD accessible to all that seek it. Get in touch today by visiting their website!