How long is the Riverwalk in San Antonio? It’s about 12-miles long. Have you ever walked it before? If not, then I recommend that you do! The Riverwalk offers great views of the city and plenty of photo ops too. You can also find a lot of street performers on this stretch as well. This walkway will take you from downtown to Mission Concepción so be sure to bring comfortable shoes with your next visit to San Antonio.
Top 7 Places to Visit in Riverwalk San Antonio
Wild Frontier- The San Antonio River Walk is a great place to spend the day. It has beautiful views of the city, restaurants, shops and more. But one thing that I found really cool was this area called Wild Frontier near The Pearl Brewery Complex. This area is filled with wild west themed buildings like an old saloon, bank robbery house and jailhouse for kids! What kid doesn’t love playing in a jail cell? And if you want to take pictures without people in them, they also have lots of photo backdrops – like an old-fashioned train car.
2. Lackland Air Force Base- Lackland Air Force Base is located in San Antonio, Texas. If you are looking for a great place to spend the day, then I recommend visiting Riverwalk and Lackland AFB. The riverwalk has many shops and restaurants along with beautiful views of the city. There’s also plenty of outdoor activities like kayaking and biking that you can enjoy while there. And if that wasn’t enough, then take a tour of Lackland AFB while there!
3. Buckhorn Saloon & Museum- The Buckhorn Saloon is located on the Riverwalk of San Antonio, Texas. The saloon has been in business for over 100 years and is one of the most famous watering holes in America. The Buckhorn offers a variety of food items such as burgers, fried pickles and chicken-fried steak plus an array of drinks including margaritas and cold beer. Visitors enjoy touring the museum to learn about the history of this iconic establishment while enjoying their meal or drink outside by the water’s edge with live music playing in the background.
4. Japanese Tea Gardens- I’m going to tell you about my favorite place in San Antonio. It’s called the Japanese Tea Gardens and it is a really tranquil place where you can get away from all of your worries for a little while. The gardens are located right on the riverwalk, so if you’re looking for a spot to take a break after walking around downtown, this would be perfect.
5. San Fernando Cathedral Basilica of the National Shrine of Mary Immaculate Queen- San Fernando Cathedral Basilica of the National Shrine of Our Lady of San Juan del Valle is a Catholic church located in San Antonio. The building was designed by prominent architect Ralph Adams Cram and completed in 1923. It is the only Spanish Colonial Revival style cathedral that was built to serve as both a parish and national shrine during its construction.
6. La Villita Historic Arts Village- La Villita Historic Arts Village is a type of place that people can come to and get lost in the art. Located on the Riverwalk in San Antonio, this village has many different types of artists that are able to sell their work. This includes jewelry makers, painters, potters, silversmiths, jewelers and more! La Villita is also home to many galleries where you can see some really amazing pieces. It’s easy for someone who loves art to spend hours wandering through the booths looking at everything they have to offer.
7. Fiesta Texas- amusement park (Six Flags)- Texas is a great place for amusement parks. Six Flags Fiesta Texas has all the rides you need to have an enjoyable time with your family, friends or loved ones. You can also enjoy the riverwalk in San Antonio if you are not feeling up to any of the rollercoasters at this theme park.
The Riverwalk in San Antonio is a popular tourist destination. It’s not just the long stretch of scenic paths that draws crowds, but it’s also the top 8 places to visit when you are on this path that make for an unforgettable experience. If you have never been there before and would like help planning your trip, give us a call today!
About Us – Mom to Mom San Antonio
We are a group of moms dedicated to finding the absolute BEST things to do in and around San Antonio, Texas! We are super excited to see you on our site and really hope you absolutely LOVE the information you find. If you have any tips please don’t hesitate to reach out and let us know. We are always finding new places to entertain our kids, ourselves and our families!
Special thanks to Mary Jane’s CBD Dispensary one of the top cbd online stores. We’re so glad you found our site. You can find your way back to the blog anytime by clicking on our logo at the top of any page or using our site map for a complete list of pages and their associated content. If you want to stay connected with Mary Jane’s CBD Dispensary, we would love it if you could check out their site today! And don’t forget about Facebook and Twitter too – both are great ways to keep in touch with what’s happening at MJCD. Until next time!